Joseph "Joe" Walker is one of the members of Team Starkid.
Joseph "Joe" Walker was born in New York City. Since then, he has lived in various cities such as San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Ann Arbor, and, most recently, Los Angeles.
He has portrayed several characters while working with Team StarKid, though cited recently that his role of Voldemort in A Very Potter Musical holds a special place in his heart. During the livestream rewatch of the show for the five-year anniversary, he stated that, when performing the show, he thought it was going to be the last musical he ever did, as musical theatre was never really his thing. In light of that, he just had fun with the role. He has played the roles of Dick (Me and My Dick), Dolores Umbridge (A Very Potter Sequel), Commander Up (Starship), Batman (Holy Musical B@man), Tom Riddle (A Very Potter Senior Year), and Prince Achmed (Twisted), all of which have a more in-depth description below. He has also starred in the StarKid Star Wars parody musical ANI as Moff Tarkin and, most recently, as Ducker in Firebringer. Additionally, he starred and wrote various skits for StarKid's sketch shows, Airport For Birds and 1Night 2Last 3Ever. He has also written the subtitles for the Team StarKid videos on YouTube, according to fellow StarKid Brian Holden.
Walker also starred in a YouTube comedy web series with fellow StarKid Joey Richter called Tasty Tests promoting Red Vines, the concept of a running joke during A Very Potter Sequel. During the course of the miniseries, the duo performed a series of experiments to answer one burning question: Red Vines - what the hell can't they do?
Outside of StarKid, he has starred in a Mountain Dew commercial which features Joe Moses, as well as in a feature on an episode of Chicago Fire ("Not Like This") in which he was rescued from a very awkward position involving a certain type of adult swing. He played the Deadliest Man Alive in the Tin Can Bros show Spies Are Forever.
- 1 Roles
- 2 Additional Facts
- 3 Special Skills
The Voldemort character in StarKid's A Very Potter Musical is probably the only time that Voldemort would be considered attractive. During the first act, he is joined by his partner Quirrell, portrayed by Brian Rosenthal, where the two explore the difficulties of living with a person on the back of one's head. Once Voldemort regains his body at the beginning of the second act, he becomes a nearly unstoppable force. Can the great Harry Potter stop him?
Dick in Me And My Dick
The part of Dick was originally going to be portrayed by Darren Criss, but due to his commitments to popular television show Eastwick at the time, he was unable to play the part in the stage production. Therefore, Joe took over the part. Though a good part of the show is made up of genitalia jokes, by the end that all takes a back seat to the true meaning of the show: love, life, and self-discovery. He and his fellow StarKids proved that dicks and vaginas are people too.
In A Very Potter Sequel, the Ministry of Magic sends Dolores Umbridge to spy on the students and staff of Hogwarts. A misunderstanding between her and Professor Dumbledore, portrayed by Dylan Saunders, leads to a brief relationship and a narrowly-avoided murder. Can Harry and his friends defeat the Ministry official and bring Dumbledore back to Hogwarts?
Btw, did you get her text? Cause, you didn't text her back...
Commander Up in Starship
Commander Up is the commanding officer of the Starship Rangers, an elite fleet of intergalactic soldiers defending the universe from harm. During the robot wars, Up met Taz, portrayed by Lauren Lopez, who quickly proved herself as an asset to their team. Though an incident during wartime left Up with lowered self-confidence, he'll need to get back up to par when another villain threatens the galaxy.
Batman in Holy Musical B@man
Joe delivers a hilarious portrayal of the dark, sad, lonely knight of the beloved DC universe. At the beginning of the play, Batman is humiliated by a hero from the Metropolis and flees back to the bat cave for a melancholy reflection of the injustices of his life. Alfred, in an attempt to perk up the young hero, buys him a young orphan, and thus Robin is born. When a new candy-themed villain terrorizes Gotham and kidnaps the young ward, Batman will need to make a choice: does he save Robin, the closest thing to family he has? Or does he save Gotham, the city he has sworn to protect?
When the noble Prince Achmed ventures to win the heart of the Princess, he is humiliated when she not only rejects him but sets her pet tiger upon him. After discussing the matter with his troops, he plans a bloody revenge on the kingdom that made him a laughingstock.
Moff Tarkin in Ani
Aboard the Death Star, Moff Tarkin is trying to lead his team to the completion of the starbase when Darth Vader "Ani" leaves the base to try and pod race again. Moff Tarkin tries to get Ani to return to the Death Star before the Emperor finds out, but instead finds a deep friendship with Ani and helps him train for the upcoming Boota Eve race.
Ducker in Firebringer
Joe shines in the musical Firebringer as the hilariously confused Ducker. Ducker longs to be an important figure in the tribe. He is the interpretor of the Almighty Duck's quacks and the lead singer in the "Duck is Lord" song. Ducker also tries to become the master of fire (and fails, horrendously). What happens to Ducker when he finds out the Almighty Duck is a lie? HE IS LORD DUCK IS LORD HE IS LORD LORD LORD THE DUCK IS LORD
- Joe Walker completed business school at the University of Michigan. He got his MBA in June, 2019 and graduated as valedictorian.
- Joe has decided to take a break from acting after the 2016 US presidential election.
- The snickers joke in AVPSY was made up by Joe Walker and his fellow castmate Jim Povolo. When Jim bought Joe a snickers bar instead of a PowerBar, Joe was in full makeup as Voldemort and yelled "SNICKERS?!" at the top of his lungs in character.
- Joe has worked on his own screenplay named the Digger and co-wrote the musical Starship with Brian Holden, Nick Lang and Matt Lang.
- Joe put out a fire in a trashcan dressed as Voldemort during a performance of AVPM.
- Joe was so excited on the first day of rehearsal for AVPM that he accidentally threw a fork into the ceiling and broke one of the lights, it took an hour to clean up all the broken glass.
- Joe usually did his own makeup for AVPM and AVPS.
- It took Joe 3 full days to figure out what Voldemort's voice was going to be.
- He was introduced to his now wife Traci after a performance of Holy Musical B@man.
- He proposed to Traci in July 2019 and they eloped on June 15, 2020 (their 8 year anniversary).
- He can shoot sparkles out of his fingers when he gets really happy.
- He eats protein shakes, falcon eggs and rocks.
- He's just getting along
- Happy as a squirrel as long as he's with Mr Quirrell
- Worships our lord and savior, the duck
- Is a Ravenclaw (said so in Craftversions with Mary Kate Wiles)
- Thinks Hufflepuffs are cool
So Lauren and Jaime have great "special skills" sections and i think... Joe needs one too! So because I'm only human, please feel free to add stuff. Add anything good you can!
- being my favorite ❤️
- sleeping in the dry spot in the cave
- singing and dancing like an icon during Stutter.
- coming back, no.... coming home ❤️
- being remembered
- playing both Voldemort and Umbridge
- being Bat Wayne, I mean Bruce Man. FUCK!
- getting nasonex you swine
- ripping your PERKY LITTLE BOOBS OFF
- being the tiger fucker (TIGER FUCKER, TIGER FUCKER, TIGER FUCKER)
- loving the circus
- being the only one who can withstand sex with Firenze
- chasing Taz’ bullies away
- getting Taz through calculus (calculus was TOUGH)
- GETTING BACK UP
- NOT peeing sitting down
- not being a failure, overall
- being different as can be
- making us all fall in love with him
- gayest straight man icon
- Doing different makeup every performance of firebringer
- Hating SNICKERS!!!!
- being the owner of an adorable-ass dog
- constantly texting people
- checking to see if they got his text
- making sure everyone's texted him back
- remembering that time when you wouldn’t talk to him, when you wouldn’t talk to him yesterday
- SATAN IS A REAL MAN
- missing out on the brant chant :(
- knocking microphones off the stage
- packing spare underwear in case his is ripped off
- spraining his ankle from being THAT extra and chaotic
- doing firebringer and spies are forever (it’s a musical) on the same day? I think?
- buddies, bros, homies, amigos, pizza, nintendo, woo woo woo lets go!
- making dumbledore think he’s a man
- duck is lordddd duck is lordddd he is lord lord lord joe is lordddd
- damning that G.L.E.E.... always making twisted abominations of everything!!
- making us fall for a torture man who's favourite thing is killing people because he's just that damn beautiful
- Being a different breed
- liking making people bleed
- being not the bad guy my man but the bad guy my man
- being mr deadliest man alive 💕💕
- slaying a tiny pink dress
- having his own interludes
- being better at makeup than i ever could be
- the best ally
- making the crowds go WILD
- just being iconic. everything he says is iconic.
- anD PoUR IT. IN MY MOUTH
- learning to always dance
- piano* *step* *snap* *stop* COOL.
- Forgetting to make the diary fly
- "JOE WALKER DIESsss"
- needing clothes to be put away properly
- eating nothing but protein shakes, falcon eggs, and ROCKS
- caked in mud or drenched in blood, smelling as fresh as a flower
- pleasuring 60 concubines in only an hour (or less)
- being quite literally a dick and still looking attractive
- get the Boys to buy him things
- Making Curt Mega suffer, suffer, suffer, until he dies
- confusing everyone who sees him on their sexuality
- being Big Brain
- Making us all want to drink Mountain Dew
- (Not) getting along with Albus Dumbledore
- Loving children enough to kill them
- somehow being funny smart and beautiful all at the same time
- Knowing that Ok is wonderful (my heart 🥺)
- PEEPEE-ING LIKE A BIG BOY GOD DAMNIT
- hitting on her, getting on her, staying on her, and if he can't come in her, he comes on her
- god blessing america
- Being the cock of the walk with abs as hard as a rock
- Already trying a giant slide or a trampoline
- Thinking that killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't, it just makes them dead
- Telling me that his wife and his dog were fine when I asked him how they were on the VHS Christmas Carol chat
- Forbidding boys unless they're cute
- Forbidding alcohol unless there's plenty to go around
- Forbidding partied unless he is invited
- Destroying a piñata with an umbrella
- Threatening Lavender Brown, Hermione and Schlongbottom
- Being magic, being gay
- Marrying and starting a family with Quirrell 💕❤❤❤
- Being there to get the job done
- Being one of THE most underrated Starkid dancers
- Being told that there is no god and being completely shocked
- (I don’t remember if anyone said this and if they have, it must be said again) Looking GREAT with the fake mustache