During the StarKid Summer Season in 2014, Robert helped out backstage during Ani and The Trail To Oregon! In Firebringer, Robert was the Production Assistant and snarl's left paw. He has also worked with Tin Can Brothers, having designed the set for Solve-It Squad Returns.
Robert now resides in Los Angeles with Jon Matteson.
Robert befriended the group in 2012 through a songwriting competition for A Very Potter Senior Year with his winning song, The Wizard Duel. He also separately won in the category of costume design, without being realized by the officiators that he was the same person in both categories. Due to time restraints put on rehearsals, his song wasn't used in the musical. However, StarKid allowed him to sit alongside them at the Leakycon Q&A panel to present his song. Within the same weekend, he also was offered to fill in last minute for Jim and the Povolosat the Beat Kitchen, when Dylan Saunders was unable to make the performance. That following year, Robert was approached to join the cast of Twisted, thus marking his own StarKid debut.
Robert was a big fan of Team StarKid before he won the songwriting competition. In a 2013 interview about preparing for Twisted, Robert said:
"I'm originally from Tasmania, a lonely piece of land shaped like a broken heart that lies just off Australia's southern coast (literally, the opposite side of the globe to the cornflake-shaped Illinois). So, while I had seen StarKid's work online before, even just from a geographical standpoint, I never considered the possibility of being involved with the University of Michigan-originated group
"Less than a year ago, I was just an audience member and have somehow jumped the fence into the other paddock and am performing with people whose craft I respect so highly. What's even more awesome is finding out that they are just as wonderful and inspiring off-stage as well as on." 
- Max Bialystock - The Producers (2012)
- Choreographer - Heathers (2017- Tasmanian Production)
- Moritz Stiefel - Spring Awakening (2018)
- Special Guest (himself) - Spoopy Broadway (2019)
- The Time of Our Lives
- A Step In the Right Direction
- Fanshaw and Crudnut
- Little VVomen
- MAKE IT AWESOME! (Promo)
Robert has a fairly successful YouTube channel, attracting over 16 million views and 66,800 subscribers. He can also be heard on the channels HISHE and OnlyLeigh. He originally began using YouTube in 2007 with his channel called yayformerob, which centered around making Goosebumps fan videos.
On April 12th of 2020, Robert organized a reading of 1996's Scream with a number of other StarKids. Following this stream, Robert organized subsequent readings of Hocus Pocus and The Addams Family Values.
- He stated during an Instagram live stream that he is 6 feet tall, but generally 6'1" in shoes.
- He lives with Jon Matteson and Nick Lang.
- Robert held the record for a long while of being the youngest non-original member to join Starkid, having made his debut in Twisted at 19 years old. He has since been beaten by Kendall Nicole, wherein she was 13 years old during rehearsals through till the first week of Black Friday's run.
- Throughout rehearsals for Twisted many of the Starkids would randomly use an Australian accent. Eventually, Brian Holden put out an email telling the other Starkids to stop.
- He shares a birthday with friend and fellow Starkid, Mariah Rose Faith.
- In 1999, he and his family moved to Japan and lived there a full year before returning to Australia.
- He had Tonsillitis during the run of The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals.
- He loves John Mulaney.
- Robert publicly came out as bisexual on June 10, 2020.
- being a good speller
- H I P S
- choking on shit
- having his twin brother choke on shit
- indulging in the good old days on the football field with Greg, Steve, Stu, Mark, Leighton, AND CHAD- and- r i n g
- quick changes (like holy mother he went from cop to Professor Hidgens in 2 mins, how?!)(that he could layer the costumes though, what about abdul to the bread seller?)
- subtly leaving the stage (I’m looking at you, Abdul)[Abdul after being dead for 5 minutes: frick this crap I’m out]
- setting the stage for showtime
- Not letting anyone lie to him, whoever they are. HE’S Prof. Hidgens!
- giving people the pitch
- telling Paul he’s gotta believe in something (piece of shit)
- stopping the echo on Rim Tim Timmy's lives
- having magical hats to give to children
- having low blood sugar
- Studying blue shit
- making the chorus girls swoon
- theorizing this exact scenario 30 years ago
- baritoning it up
- destroying Trump on twitter
- like holy hell, he goes for him and that shit is G O L D
- calling the Beast a wolf-bear thing; a buffalo monster, in a cape
- Misplacing his needle and improvising (*finger guns intensify)
- Forgetting the lyrics to show stopping number but pretending like nothing happened
- despising business
- Being in a relationship with Alexa (but loving her just as much as any woman of flesh and bone)
- Then telling Alexa to blow herself up
- trying to get Lex to California so she doesn't gotta cry so much no more
- Being gifted hats by great warriors
- Not affording a smoke
- Cramming people in lockers and farting in them
- being Santa Claus
- making out with a high schooler when he's a 1003 year old man
- Being a bad actor according to my mom and a super amazing fabulously superb actor according to me (there’s something wrong with this person’s mom)
- telling prince achmed he sees the back of his balls
- making a whole bunch of people feel proud and validated
- Knowing a shit-ton of obscure Australian kids tv shows
- Comforting Achmed, those are stretch marks, they happen
- Being up to his ass in shit
- Being Hamiltons new competition
- being a chameleon (if you described Hidgens and Ethan to me and told me they were played by the same person I would not believe you)[same, I have to stare for a good three minutes at the same frame to make sure]
- also he masks his accent so well??? like??? I didn't even know he was australian until a friend told me and I was dumbfounded
- Commanding people to sing the beginning of Moana(while holding a shotgun)
- shooting a Charlo-TAN
- no, not his TUMMY
- being a police siren
- Gets thrown money at full price admission, making the world come CRUMBAALINN’ DOOWWNNNN
- being the 11th doctor
- being a sweetheart yet being able to play the biggest asshole ever (seriously Poddy is the worst)
- HIPS bc once wasn't enough
- being the best damn dancing cop in the world
- being a toddler
- having an amazing story
- scaring me to death with Evil Ethan (he needs to play a sinister villain istg he would kill it)
- hitting notes that are unfair to hit (an F5 in Glow)
- hurting my soul with his cover of Easy by Troye Sivan
- and again he's a sweetheart because he is
- pretending to be a conceited ass on instagram
- being the best Gaston out there (how has no one put that down yet?)
- bullying Jon
- being Winnie the Pooh
- Looking great from every angle
- Being a generally wonderful person
- Being attractive no matter who he plays. Like i'm not even attractive as myself how?!?!?!!? YES RIGHT? Like even prof. hidgens is hot and he's like old(One word: h i p s )
- BEING SNARL'S LEFT PAW
- h a v i n g a c u t e a c c e n t
- WHHHEEEEEEE WOOOOO WHHEEEE WOOOO WAAAAAEEOOEEAOE
- being a god damn BICON
- V I B R A T O
- Did I mention hips
- Being a good student and not playing games
- being the most beautiful person ever
- being the TRUE lattay hotttay
- songwriting????????? (Wizard Duel)
- Making flying carpet noises
- making out with a teenage girl, even though santa is thousands of years old
- being a carpet
- dramatic gaston entrance
- being literally the chillest and loveliest person I've met
- Teaching Jeff Blim how to turn off YouTube stream audio
- Dying in every musical ever, like??? Is it a part of Starkid’s deal with Satan (who is a real man)<he’s the Anthony Ramos of Starkid; he ends up dying>
- Unifying humanity in a thundering chorus
- Making a whole room fall in love with him in like 2 seconds flat :)
- Being so amazing that we came together as individuals to write an entire list about how he's the best :)
- singing sign of the times with a new melody and still sounding amazing
- ”Is this a Rim Tim Timmy”
- hips again because 4 times is not enough
- Oh, and hips.
- Again, being an incredible human being ( we honestly can't say that enough)
- Threatening people with guns (And shooting zombies with them)
- Being 1/2 of an iconic dance duo (And a 1/3 of an iconic dance trio)
- Threatening poverty stricken children with a fish
- You can never put hips enough like seriously
- Did we already mention HIPS??
- Making the chorus girls sWOOOO-OON
- Unifying humanity with a plundering chorus
- Making Hamilton move over
- Having a show stopping number for you
- adding hips again because it's true
- Giving me sudden unexpected gender envy as Professor Hidgens, like got damn
- Having a ridiculous vocal range
- Making us all rethink our sexualities
- Not getting his hot chocolate
- his ability to do a Boo Boo bear impression
- again, the fact that we all love him so much that we collaborated to make a list of the reasons why.
- his throwing arm (ex. Throwing Alexa)
- Being one with a police siren
- making me realize I am GAY AF
- I don't think we have mentioned H I P S yet